It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:57 pm

I'm new and have no idea really! 

Post I'm new and have no idea really!
I'm new and having just bought a pro video camera that takes some nice quality interval record timelapses, please see: [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/13101458
I know what I want but don't know the lingo you guys use for it! I am not too concerned about capturing the timelapses themselves as I will probably be restricted to daylight, but more making the movements
Basically I would like to be able to dolly along and possibly around objects, I know many of you use DSLRs etc. but I have a 9kg camera with legs, and that's what I''ll be using.
I'm sure there's no need to re-invent the wheel with my question as I'm sure many of you are more than familiar with a system that will work as I have described.

What is the common solution to this set-up? Best result/lowest cost is always best but I'm happy to look at anything, buying it off the shelf (preferably)
or building it. There must be a best-practice consensus, model, brand, what is it do you think? Just in case there is software involved by the way I use Mac.
Thanks a lot.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:00 am

Post Re: I'm new and have no idea really!
From your description you sound like you want to to do more realtime moves rather than timelapse?

Most of the rigs that people on this forum buy/build are more suited to shoot SLOW time lapse sequences. eg. a 10 second shot may take several hours to shoot.

Perhaps a suggestion for starters is to examine the camBLOCK system to see if it covers your requirements :http://www.camblock.com/sect-parts.php

Welcome and good shooting.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:24 am

Post Re: I'm new and have no idea really!
Thanks Matt, i will.

yes, my typical 10 second shots take about 4 minutes!

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:40 am