It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:00 am

D MOCO 3D Motion Control 

Post D MOCO 3D Motion Control

Been testing the 3D potential of the D MOCO Rig this is all speculative at the mo because I cant get my hands on matching cameras and glass . My old Nikon D200 is up to 130000 pics so not much point buying another of these as its well past its life span . Plus I got my mind set on the D600 when it comes out.
So the pics are a very quick photo shop thing but the mounting is all in place and tested it with the weight of two cameras no problem their . Will still use Dragon frame as controller , you can set external triggers within the software . So it will be a case of master and slave one camera sending images to Dragon as normal the other sending its images to a memory card triggered by Dragon Frame .
Getting quite excited by this just been looking at a HDR tutorial by Justin Farrell https://vimeo.com/38838557 . Which seems to get very good results so combine this with 3D and 4k images I think we might be moving up to the next level . So if any body out their with two cameras and a new take on timelapse then get in touch ( no foreground tortured trees with stars behind please ) :D

Attachments:
3D Moco 2.jpg
3D Moco 2.jpg [ 357.74 KiB | Viewed 2186 times ]
3D Moco 3.jpg
3D Moco 3.jpg [ 300.57 KiB | Viewed 2186 times ]
3D Moco 1.jpg
3D Moco 1.jpg [ 324.67 KiB | Viewed 2186 times ]
Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:35 am

Post Re: D MOCO 3D Motion Control
Hi, I'm interested what kind of results you got with your rig, in particular methods you used for aligning your cameras. I did some tests recently for a 3D production in the UK but really had no time to build anything substantial. My setup was quite simply 2 DSLRs mounted on a stereo bar. I used a straight edge across the front of the lenses to achieve rough alignment (no convergence), thinking I could fix it in post with the powerful alignment tools of the SGO Mistika. Unfortunately, it was beyond repair with the main issues being mismatched distortion between lenses (I was using 10-20mm Sigma lenses fixed at 10mm), as well as focus mismatches. I'm hoping to begin building a rig soon which addresses these issues, obviously using prime lenses instead of zooms will help, and more precise alignment capabilities.

It'd be great to hear if you've had any success yourself and any issues you've had to overcome. Your rig already looks way more advanced than mine.

Jimmy

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 pm