It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Introducing the NMX 3-axis Stepper Controller with Bluetooth 

Post Introducing the NMX 3-axis Stepper Controller with Bluetooth
It's been a long haul project we've been cracking on for a quite a while now. All started with the idea of a motion control network that carries data, power and sync. A cabled network that can run autonomously using low power ICs allowing power hungry devices with graphic displays and CPUs to be shut down during potentially lengthy moco programs. If that wasn't enough we decided to add a Bluetooth LE layer for communication opening up ease of connectivity to mobile devices and control apps. Finally it's all come together in a tiny 3"x3"x1" hub..

We're within 15-25 days of completing the Android & iOS apps so we're starting pre-orders this weekend with a 10% off coupon code: DigitalMotion

http://www.dynamicperception.com/Digita ... p-nmx1.htm

Attachments:
nmx.JPG
nmx.JPG [ 53.66 KiB | Viewed 5342 times ]
Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:19 am

Post Re: Introducing the NMX 3-axis Stepper Controller with Bluet
Great, what Amp do the driver output?

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:13 am

TokTok wrote:
Great, what Amp do the driver output?

I believe it's 2A:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.allegromicro.com%2F~%2FMedia%2FFiles%2FDatasheets%2FA4983-Datasheet.ashx&ei=E_V5VMusJ4PdsAThuYHYBg&usg=AFQjCNF3USU6RkaN6g-VJMNNk1GfGH5rwA&sig2=CU-BqtpWxf9-f1yLcO84MA

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:35 am

Congratulations! I know its been a long road for you to bring this to market. It was a great idea in its original form. Allowing users to program it from a phone or tablet is very cool.

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:57 am

Looks good.

Having just got a stage zero with mX2 I am looking to upgrade to more axis at some point

Option 1 is a stage R with another analog motor, I can always add another (and an mx3) later

2 - NMX , a replacement motor for the stage zero (do I need a quick snap bracket? I dont see myself swapping motors), and one or two stage r's

3 - just get a TB3 and a new stepper motor use that to control everything.

The TB3 looked a better option than option 1 long term, stepper motors and more integrated easier to deal with, but I like the possibility with the pc/phone apps for construction motion and then firing it into the nmx and walking away..

Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:42 pm

Can you tell us what type of socket you use for the motor outputs? We'd like to make focus motors that plug into it. Dynamic doesn't have a focus motor. We'd like to become the aftermarket supplier of focus motors for Dynamic rigs. I assume you're pretty busy right now, but when you get some time to consider future possibilities, we could make some focus motors with your infinity logo molded into the bracket and supply them in quantity to you. Our motors have come a long way since the ones you saw. We now make the smallest, lightest focus motors available for timelapse (they work for realtime as well). I assume other people will also like to incorporate your controller into their stepper hardware, and they would be interested in knowing the motor socket type as well.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:53 am

Looks like RJ45, what is the pin out?

Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:55 am

My mistake those are for the moco bus, the motor connectors look like standard 4 pin headers.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Sorry for the late response, yep we've been super-busy here!

sciencelookers wrote:
Can you tell us what type of socket you use for the motor outputs? .

No problem, it's a molex connector, same type and pinout as the emotimo.. Email us at support@dynamicperception.com and I can get you in contact with our engineers for details.

wsp35 wrote:
Looks like RJ45, what is the pin out?

Your right that's the MocoBus ports for networking and alternate communication (also has USB and Bluetooth of course) If your curious here's the specs on the Mocobus.. We'll get a help page on pinouts for the motor connector up in the next few weeks as well.. this controller is pretty ideal for DIY projects.

http://support.dynamicperception.com/hc ... erconnects

Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:04 am

Two question here:
1)-Is the NMX compatible with GBTimelapse?
2)-Is it possible to ad a fourth output to pilot Pan, Tilt, Dolly AND Aperture at the same time?

I haven't been able to find the answers anywhere else. The second one is referred to other controller too (mx2/3, Emotimo etc...)

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Not sure about Granite Bay Timelapse, although its an awesome program.

I think You can add as many other motors as you want by buying more NMX modules. They are made to be daisy chained so you can add as many of them as needed. Each channel gets assigned a unique name by you, so you can say dolly move this far, pan turn this far, focus move this far, and so on.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:55 am

Mike from Granite Bay has had an NMX prototype in hand for a while now. I believe he's working on getting it communicating directly with GB Timelapse. You can contact him directly to see what his plans might be..

The NMX is net workable.. so you can start with 3 motors, and continue to add units.. 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 etc..

Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:33 am

Are there any Giga Pixel options for controlling an NMX, ie 2 degrees X, take image, repeat 60 times, reset X to zero, 2 degrees on Y, repeat all ?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Gavin Melville wrote:
Are there any Giga Pixel options for controlling an NMX, ie 2 degrees X, take image, repeat 60 times, reset X to zero, 2 degrees on Y, repeat all ?

It's coming, our plan is to create a dedicated app for pano/giga to keep things simple, the 'motion' app will remain focused on timelapse/video motion, we'll create an 'panorama' app that will be for setting up panos & giga

Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:00 am

Hi there,
it's been a while, and honestly I sold my Stage Zero a few years ago, due lack of use for my projects. But you helped me get the MX2 to work with Dragonframe back in 2011 (when it was still called Dragon Stopmotion ;) )

I am really much interested in the NMX, especially when adding my own stepper motors with another gearbox is possible (so I read).

My last concern is:
I read that connection to Dragonframe is only possible via Simple Serial Interface. (http://www.dragonframe.com/arduino/serial.php).

I motorized my Skaterdolly and focus motor with an Arduino running the Dragonframe DFMoco. This way I can use the ArcMotion Control within DF (and also minimize backlash through the software)
So when I understand this correctly: That's not possible with the NMX or is it?

I used the SSI on a project you helped me to set it up. This was fine for a simple shot, but would not work for more complex shots.

Thanks and all the best
Max

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:42 am

Max Z wrote:
I am really much interested in the NMX, especially when adding my own stepper motors with another gearbox is possible (so I read).

That is correct, here's some additional information on motor specifications: http://support.dynamicperception.com/hc ... th-the-NMX

Max Z wrote:
I read that connection to Dragonframe is only possible via Simple Serial Interface. (http://www.dragonframe.com/arduino/serial.php).

DragonFrame integration is currently under development for the NMX, as far as we know you can get all the dragonframe motor output features through a USB connection to the NMX.. We're also working on making it so that multiple NMX controllers networked together can be accessed and controlled via DF..

We'll have more announcements when we get closer to releasing DF firmware integration. It's relitively straight forward but the guys have a lot on their plate right now with the pc/mac interface as well as advancing the mobile apps.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:07 am

Milapse Jay wrote:
Gavin Melville wrote:

It's coming, our plan is to create a dedicated app for pano/giga to keep things simple, the 'motion' app will remain focused on timelapse/video motion, we'll create an 'panorama' app that will be for setting up panos & giga

Did anything come of this idea ?

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:38 am

Gavin Melville wrote:
Milapse Jay wrote:
Gavin Melville wrote:

Did anything come of this idea ?

So is it? I would love to use the hardware for more than only timelapse.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:39 am