It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:49 pm

the sky law 

Post the sky law

https://youtu.be/TtlKjW_2sso

The Canary Islands have one of the best skies in the planet. Big telescopes are located in La Palma island and Tenerife island to watch the universe. Professional astronomers from all over the world use images obtained in our islands. Also, a rising number of astroturists visit the islands with the intention of delighting themselves with its nocturnal sky.
Can you imagine that this precious sky would be protected by law? Well, stop imagining it, because this law exists. It’s the Sky Law that protects the nocturnal skies of the islands.
For the last years I’ve enjoyed the wonders of the skies of Tenerife and I’ve captured them in this time-lapse video in 4 minutes.
The pictures are countless, incalculable hours of work in front of the computer, the storm-snatching sessions following the rainbow or the lenticular cloud. But a sky like this deserves that we dedicate the time it needs… let’s only trust that we keep it this way for the future generations and that our children can enjoy of a clean sky and with no nocturnal pollution.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TtlKjW_2sso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TtlKjW_2sso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:59 am

Post Re: the sky law
Very impressive! The forum had gotten a bit overloaded with "The place where I live looks cool in timelapse" videos. So much so that members stopped commenting on them. It takes something really outstanding to elicit a response, but this makes the cut and a lot more. How much time went into accumulating clips? I bet this wasn't a weekend project. Very nice job collecting enough clips so none stays onscreen too long, which is the most common mistake. You have obviously acquired some serious film making and editing skills. Did you go to film school or did you learn all this online?

Its hard to pick specific shots to comment on because the ones you chose to include are all so good. The storms rolling in are spectacular, especially the rainbow ones. Clouds from above always look cool in timelapse. The lenticular clouds were fascinating to watch because I can see ripples move through them as air passes into the region where it becomes cloud, moves through the cloud region, then becomes clear air again as it exits the cloud. The rock piles at the beach were another good subject. Of course the stars are spectacular. I love the "blue sky with stars" effect when the moon is out because we can never see that with the naked eye. It is only revealed when time exposures boost the sensitivity way beyond the ability of mere human vision.

Some very nice film. Do you have any plans to enter them in a film festival or other public venue?

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 am

sciencelookers wrote:
Very impressive! The forum had gotten a bit overloaded with "The place where I live looks cool in timelapse" videos. So much so that members stopped commenting on them. It takes something really outstanding to elicit a response, but this makes the cut and a lot more. How much time went into accumulating clips? I bet this wasn't a weekend project. Very nice job collecting enough clips so none stays onscreen too long, which is the most common mistake. You have obviously acquired some serious film making and editing skills. Did you go to film school or did you learn all this online?

Its hard to pick specific shots to comment on because the ones you chose to include are all so good. The storms rolling in are spectacular, especially the rainbow ones. Clouds from above always look cool in timelapse. The lenticular clouds were fascinating to watch because I can see ripples move through them as air passes into the region where it becomes cloud, moves through the cloud region, then becomes clear air again as it exits the cloud. The rock piles at the beach were another good subject. Of course the stars are spectacular. I love the "blue sky with stars" effect when the moon is out because we can never see that with the naked eye. It is only revealed when time exposures boost the sensitivity way beyond the ability of mere human vision.

Some very nice film. Do you have any plans to enter them in a film festival or other public venue?

Dear sciencelookers,

Thank you very much for the time your have spent watching my videos, and I very much appreciate your comment. You're right, It the result of many hours tapping, editing and travelling to Teide volcano. I aprecciate that someone likes my work. Kind regards.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:06 am

Good to see a Tajinaste in full bloom, I see the skeletons during my visits to Tenerife. Always fascinated by the cloud patterns created by Teide.

http://www.vimeo.com/user1214873/videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrReggub

Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:14 am