It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:54 pm

"Choice Point" Documentary - looking to acquire timelapse 

Post "Choice Point" Documentary - looking to acquire timelapse
Deal all Timelapsers,

I work for a UK production company, Halo Films, currently producing an independent long-form documentary called Choice Point (http://choicepointmovie.com/). The film is concerned with the issue of transformational change and looks at how when one person transforms his or her own life, that person can contribute in a positive way to shaping the world. The film features a range of scientists, authors and experts about the dynamics of change as well as people who have made transformational changes in their own lives (high profile figures like Sir Richard Branson to inspirational personal stories of individuals having grass roots impact around the globe).

With this editorial in mind I'm looking to acquire various timelapse material as one visual element. There are lots of themes to do with global interconnectedness and much of rhythm of the film is concerned with patterns (fractals) & cycles throughout life & nature. Images with humanity are particularly sought after.

I'm interested for any individual shooter & cinematographers to contact me directly (matt@halofilms.co.uk), send links, or post links in this forum. In terms of tech spec we're shooting 5D markII (PAL/25fps) and so I'm especially keen to acquire similar originating material to unify the style.

This call is open to everyone from professionals to the amateur hobbyist without exclusion. I have explained to Tom before posting this that the ethos of the film is very much about grass roots, collaboration and we want the film making process to embody this. I am especially keen to source timelapse from independent shooters producing imagery with passion and a personal touch, that says something about the area of the world they live in.

Although the film is operating as virtually not-for-profit, there is funding in place to license material.

I look forward to previewing all your hard work!

Many Thanks,
Matt Wicks
Assistant Producer
matt@halofilms.co.uk

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:59 am

Post Re: "Choice Point" Documentary - looking to acquire timelaps
any one send you something yet

Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:43 am

Post Re: "Choice Point" Documentary - looking to acquire timelaps
Hi Lads,
I'll send an email Matt - Tom thanks for making this place.

Glad to be here. :-) - professional cinematographer/photographer - just getting into TL, and Astrophotography now, although have been tinkering with it all subconsciously for years...

Best
Sarah
www.sarahmoffatimagery.com

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:53 pm