Timescapes - Digital Timelapse Discussion
http://forum.timescapes.org/phpBB3/

Music for timelapse photography
http://forum.timescapes.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9815
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Janabi79 [ Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:46 am ]
Post subject:  Music for timelapse photography

any help where i can find nice music source for time-lapse , my time-lapse are architecture showing the buildings and moving cars in day and night ...

thanks in advance :)

Author:  Owen [ Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music for timelapse photography

If it's only going online or to a client i'd use anything.... I only worry about permission once you start selling copies of a film etc.. Just google Royalty free music or search the net.. there's thousands of stuff. For a small fee you can join a site such as ibaudio.com and have access to hundreds of songs for ever..

Good luck

Author:  unozig [ Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music for timelapse photography

Lots of choice here http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/

Author:  Janabi79 [ Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music for timelapse photography

Owen wrote:
If it's only going online or to a client i'd use anything.... I only worry about permission once you start selling copies of a film etc.. Just google Royalty free music or search the net.. there's thousands of stuff. For a small fee you can join a site such as ibaudio.com and have access to hundreds of songs for ever..

Good luck


thanks dear owen :)

Author:  mshakeshaft [ Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music for timelapse photography

Owen wrote:
If it's only going online or to a client i'd use anything.... I only worry about permission once you start selling copies of a film etc.. Just google Royalty free music or search the net.. there's thousands of stuff. For a small fee you can join a site such as ibaudio.com and have access to hundreds of songs for ever..

Good luck


I have a different take.... if the shoe was on the other foot how would you feel if someone used your images. As Owen mentioned there are loads of sites for royalty free music, just use one of those. As a side note; one year I made more from Copyright infringements of my images than actually selling them. I love it when people nick my work!

Cheers

Martin

Author:  Owen [ Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music for timelapse photography

mshakeshaft wrote:
Owen wrote:
If it's only going online or to a client i'd use anything.... I only worry about permission once you start selling copies of a film etc.. Just google Royalty free music or search the net.. there's thousands of stuff. For a small fee you can join a site such as ibaudio.com and have access to hundreds of songs for ever..

Good luck


I have a different take.... if the shoe was on the other foot how would you feel if someone used your images. As Owen mentioned there are loads of sites for royalty free music, just use one of those. As a side note; one year I made more from Copyright infringements of my images than actually selling them. I love it when people nick my work!

Cheers

Martin




Yes there is that side of things.. however i'm happy to use a song on the internet... When some big bands try and charge me 15k for 12 months online use only i feel like they are greedy rich people and they are trying to steal from me....so i'll happily steal from them ;)

And while we're at it i buy pirated DVDs from Thailand too :)

Author:  unozig [ Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Music for timelapse photography

There is no problem as long as you credit the musician in your video clip. You Tube warned me that I had copy right material and notified the owner who took no action, many thanks Joe! After all when you play the clip you get a link to iTunes to buy the track, that's free publicity to the musician. Win - Win for both parties :-)


Author:  Janabi79 [ Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music for timelapse photography

unozig wrote:
There is no problem as long as you credit the musician in your video clip. You Tube warned me that I had copy right material and notified the owner who took no action, many thanks Joe! After all when you play the clip you get a link to iTunes to buy the track, that's free publicity to the musician. Win - Win for both parties :-)




Yes , that's another problem , now i found i nice music from Tranformers movie , its for steve jablonsky ( prime ) i am really in love with it , but can i use it if i will buy the original soundtrack ? or this will considered as using it in a commercial way and it will not allowed ?

Author:  Owen [ Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music for timelapse photography

Janabi79 wrote:
unozig wrote:
There is no problem as long as you credit the musician in your video clip. You Tube warned me that I had copy right material and notified the owner who took no action, many thanks Joe! After all when you play the clip you get a link to iTunes to buy the track, that's free publicity to the musician. Win - Win for both parties :-)




Yes , that's another problem , now i found i nice music from Tranformers movie , its for steve jablonsky ( prime ) i am really in love with it , but can i use it if i will buy the original soundtrack ? or this will considered as using it in a commercial way and it will not allowed ?


I'm not sure what you are using it for but by law you can't use anything without permission. You need to pay 2 lots. One for the publisher and the other to the band management.. or something like that.... Good chance if the song is in transformers ( i enquired about using the dubstep track out of their trailer) and they wanted $8k each for online rights only. they said they'd reduce it if i didn't post it on youtube.. makes no sense... Like Unozig says, it is advertising for them, why would they need to charge you these high prices? I'd understand if it was a thousand or two but $15k they can suck it.

Author:  Janabi79 [ Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music for timelapse photography

Owen wrote:
Janabi79 wrote:
unozig wrote:
There is no problem as long as you credit the musician in your video clip. You Tube warned me that I had copy right material and notified the owner who took no action, many thanks Joe! After all when you play the clip you get a link to iTunes to buy the track, that's free publicity to the musician. Win - Win for both parties :-)




Yes , that's another problem , now i found i nice music from Tranformers movie , its for steve jablonsky ( prime ) i am really in love with it , but can i use it if i will buy the original soundtrack ? or this will considered as using it in a commercial way and it will not allowed ?


I'm not sure what you are using it for but by law you can't use anything without permission. You need to pay 2 lots. One for the publisher and the other to the band management.. or something like that.... Good chance if the song is in transformers ( i enquired about using the dubstep track out of their trailer) and they wanted $8k each for online rights only. they said they'd reduce it if i didn't post it on youtube.. makes no sense... Like Unozig says, it is advertising for them, why would they need to charge you these high prices? I'd understand if it was a thousand or two but $15k they can suck it.




thanks owen for the kind and active replies , it seems that its hard to take a famous music to put , so any suggestions for any good website to get free legal musics ?

Author:  Owen [ Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Music for timelapse photography

Soundtrack pro and certain software give you heap of free stuff... try these links https://discussions.apple.com/thread/23 ... 0&tstart=0

Author:  Kmotion [ Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Music for timelapse photography

Vimeo now offers a music service and also https://soundcloud.com/ is a great resource. Find a song you like on there and then email the artist. Sometimes they will let you use there music for free if you credit them.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/