It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 am

Player to watch 4k movies! 

Post Re: Player to watch 4k movies!
Perhaps an obvious question, but what is the screen resolution of your android device? Playing 4k movies will not reveal any more detail than the native screen resolution... in reality you might also find the storage and display combo can't keep up with the data rate anyway... :(

Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:25 am

Post Re: Player to watch 4k movies!
I think this is a very good question and because of its very basic nature, one which should have an answer. What about bigger screens?

I reluctantly gave up all my old video stuff for 1080 high definition because anything significant would no longer use standard definition. The new thing is 4K and higher. Because all my money is going into moco for now, I haven't gone for the 4K. Many of the cameras still require an external recorder for it, which leads me to believe the tech is still in its infancy, and I can get a better camera with internal 4K with better dynamic range later rather than now. Just a result on my priorities at the moment, not because the 4K cameras aren't great to have if you can afford it.

Getting back to the question, I see 4K televisions for sale at rapidly dropping prices. So what is used to store and playback the 4K footage to them? Are they always connected to a computer to play 4K movies straight from digital files? Am I so old that I am looking for some sort of super DVD or Super-duper beta tape when the rest of the world has moved on?

Maybe the question is too basic, and the pros think it is too simple to answer? So what do you store your 4K on? How do you send it to people who want to watch it? How do they receive, store and play it back? Dumbass asking here.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:27 am