It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:00 am

Nine Hundred Dollar Luxury Yacht Episode 8 - Disco Lighting 

Post Nine Hundred Dollar Luxury Yacht Episode 8 - Disco Lighting
In this episode I make a new ceiling for the cabin and incorporate recessed LED lighting. I had seen some special lights for boats with a two-way switch so you can have red light or white light. The red lighting is supposed to preserve your night vision. Unfortunately these lights are expensive and the expense would be multiplied by three if I wanted one near the cabin door, another by the map table and a third by the kitchen.

I also had to replace the ceiling because it protects my head from the back end of all the fasteners holding things to the deck. While searching for solutions to these problems, I found some 12 volt LED lights for trucks. They have red, yellow and white ones. I got a bunch of red and a bunch of white on ebay where they are about a dollar each in packs of 12. I found styrofoam insulating panels which the lights could recess into and some FRP panels that can be the part of the ceiling you can see. The plan is to mount the LED lights into the panels and then use bolts with large fender washers to fasten the panels to the ceiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuJEuZK ... e=youtu.be

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:46 am