It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:04 pm

Evening out light intensities 

Post Evening out light intensities
Hi all,

I am working on a project for a client, and wasn't in charge of the capture. I have 2 1/2 months worth of daily time lapse footage shot in fields observing grain growing. I've assembled the 3 cameras into a heads up display that shows the three crop plots side by side for visual comparison. The client has asked if I can "balance the light intensity". The footage has already had all of the night footage removed, but there is the in situ variance of sunshine and cloud cover and also the white balance shift as we approach dusk, My question is does anyone know of any software or tricks I can use to help balance out the natural brightness of the video? Without going in and key-framing levels or colour adjustments I don't know what else I can do but with 9000+ frames per camera I don't think the client is going to want to pay for the time to balance it out by hand.

Cheers,
Cory

Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:25 am

Post Re: Evening out light intensities
Seeing as, from your description, the light changes are fairly broad I would suggest that key framing a colour grade over time in your editing software is the only way to go. If it was frame to frame flicker then GB Deflicker or other similar software would be able to help. Not sure how effective they would be in this scenario. Personally I'd use After Effects as it has a great deal of control for this kind of work. Good luck with it :-)

Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:13 pm