It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:33 am

How to stretch a TimeLapse 

Post How to stretch a TimeLapse
Hy there

I need your help. I need a Sequence of a Time Lapse of a growing Tree, from the Seed to his full capacity, and has to strech it to about at least 1 hour of duration. If I do the normal slow motion effect in after effects, than it would give me just a blury something, right? So any Ideas how i can get the result that I want? Thank you for the infos!

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:22 pm

Post Re: How to stretch a TimeLapse
do you already have a tree growing from "seed to full capacity"? if you already have a sequence, how many frames is it currently? One approach I would try is if for example I only had 60 pictures I would run them for a minute and cross dissolve the image over like 3 or 4 seconds - it is going to be a very gradual time lapse but if you were to shoot 1 hour at 24 FPS - that would be 86,400, plus all the time it takes to shoot the tree - I seem to remember an Oxford Scientific Films documentary about shooting an oak growing from an acorn and I believe it took them like seven years and numerous attempts to get it. I'll see if I can find that info.

timt

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Post Re: How to stretch a TimeLapse
HEy thanks for your reply. No I dont have the sequence already. But there are at the www some, but they last for about 3 or 4 minutes. So how would that work? Thanks

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:18 pm