It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 1:35 am

After effects - Frame Blend, Motion Blur check box 

Post After effects - Frame Blend, Motion Blur check box
Hi,

The check boxes next to the composition time line, one of them is for "frame blending", another one for 'motion blur'. I've always just checked the frame blending, and mostly use a slow shutter, so I thought I shouldn't use the motion blur. I tried researching through your past posts to see if I was correct or not, and now I'm more confused.

I've been reading things about 'time warp tool', 'time warp effect with the motion blur slider'. Another one on, frame mix, frame blending (not from this forum though). Are these boxes I've been checking, the wrong things? Could someone direct me to where I can get a conclusive answer to this subject please?

I've put down a test of the same video 3 times, no effect, then frame blending only, then frame blending and motion blur, but I can't see much difference. Am I wrong ? [vimeo]https://vimeo.com/173248154[/vimeo]

Thanks all,

Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:31 am

Post Re: After effects - Frame Blend, Motion Blur check box
The motion blur button only creates motion blur for an element that is actually moving inside after effects. You need a plug-in like Real Smart Motion Blur from Re:vision it creates motion blur based on visual motion it not a free plug-in but you can download a demo to see if it'll work for you

Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:47 am