It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:34 am

Howdy from the California Wine Country 

Post Howdy from the California Wine Country
Still a newbie when it comes to timelapse, though nearly 60 years shooting stills, and recently have added digital video. The current plan is to document my upcoming trek of the John Muir Trail in August. The intent is a video/TL/stills journal of the hike. Cameras on the hike will be a Canon HF 200 for HD video, and a Canon 60D for stills, timelapse, and secondary video. Having hiked the JMT in 2000, I have a clue about what I'm getting into. Having attempted the JMT in '99 with an additional 35 pounds of camera gear, I know the follies of overestimating capabilities. The last trip was a mind-altering meditative experience, but no good images. This trip the hope is to add some quality images to document what hiking 250 miles, much of it at elevations exceeding 10,000 feet and several passes over 12,000 feet, really entails.
I'm pleased I found this board; it looks like a great place to ask questions!

Bob

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Post Re: Howdy from the California Wine Country
Welcome to the forum. The hike sounds like a lot of fun and an interesting adventure. Would you be interested in doing something closer to sea level earlier in the Summer? Check out my post about St Johns River in Florida. I would be happy to have someone else along. The best part is that its by boat, so we can bring all the gear we want and won't have to carry it much.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:23 am