It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:40 am

Hello from Hood River, Oregon 

Post Hello from Hood River, Oregon
hey everyone,

Been playing with timelapse for a little while and been having a blast. Last year I bought on old used beat up pan/tilt head of Ebay which gives me headaches every time I go to use it. So I decided to take it to the next level and started building a motion controlled dolly. Jack Ripper turned me on to this forum, and by the looks of it I have found "my people". Currently trying to figure out the best motor choice, dc verses stepper, learning a ton in the process.

Currently shooting a D90

Thanks all.

igus dolly system with the DP MX2 engine

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Post Re: Hello from Hood River, Oregon
Welcome fellow Oregonian, are you also on the stromtrooper forum? There is also a guy that goes by ladukebob.

Tim T

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Hey Tim,

Yep that's me. I finally had to park the Vstrom the other day on account of snow. And agin this morning woke up to snow on the ground.

Small world isn't ;)

Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 pm

cool a fellow time lapsing v-strom rider - I parked mine 1st of November, because of the cold and rain. I really should have ridden yesterday as it was sunny and cold. So what do you like to time lapse? I need to figure out how to mount my DP stage zero dolly on my bike and make it a bike ride/time lapse adventure.

Tim T

Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:11 pm

You should look into the new Gopro hero2 to mount to the Strom. I read somewhere that the timelapse is pretty good on this new version.

As far as timelapse goes, landscapes interest me the most. And getting to places on Mt. Hood that not a lot of people have been to. Some of those knarly 100 year old trees up above 6000' would look great as foreground material for a night time timelapse.

What name do you go by on the Strom forum?

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:15 am

ladukebob wrote:
You should look into the new Gopro hero2 to mount to the Strom. I read somewhere that the timelapse is pretty good on this new version.

As far as timelapse goes, landscapes interest me the most. And getting to places on Mt. Hood that not a lot of people have been to. Some of those knarly 100 year old trees up above 6000' would look great as foreground material for a night time timelapse.

What name do you go by on the Strom forum?

my stromtrooper handle is pixelboy - I haven't posted too much just got my vee-strom last may, got it used from furious-stylz, and I've put over 4k (mostly commute, but a couple of big rides) one ride to the dalles via maupin and then once from sweet home through the woods back to clackamas. it would be fun to get a rig to mount on the v-strom, I'd like to try the go-pro2 because it also has fisheye and that might help a bit with the vibrations. The ride up the clackamas river would be awesome drive lapse, very curvy and hardly any other vehicles.

cheers and good to see you here.

Tim T

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 am