It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:56 am

Greetings from Finland 

Post Greetings from Finland
Hi everybody

I have been silently reading this forum for half a year. Probably, it is a right time to introduce myself.
I'm a Russian person who studies in Finland. Photography was my hobby for a long time. Last spring I took a long trans-Atlantic flight, there was not so much to do, so I was watching a movie with a lot of time lapse scenes translated on a screen again and again. That's the way how I became interested in TL.

Inspired by this movie, I decided to try TL in order to share my vision of beautiful Nordic nature. I spent a few month in trial and errors (more errors than trials) and became completely disappointed. I was ready to abandon my idea but fortunately I found this site. I've received a lot of answers to my questions while being reading it (and got even more questions). I wish to thank everybody who is writing here and sharing his knowledge. It is a great opportunity for beginners to learn.

I use an old Nikon D2x camera and a bunch of fix-focal lenses. I'm aiming for D3 next year since lower noise level is desired for night TL.

Unfortunately I have nothing good to present yet.
Here is my vimeo page with a few noob's videos http://vimeo.com/denisdespair

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:36 am