It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:40 am

Having someone put OpenMoco on My Controllers? 

Post Having someone put OpenMoco on My Controllers?
Hello Everyone,

Haven't posted anything for a long time, but always going out and practicing timelapse shoots. Getting better and with my Canon 50mm 1.8, have been excited doing more and more night shoots.

Anyways, I gave up about 6 months ago to put on the firmware for open moco on my 497 controller for my meade telescope mount. Long story short, I went bought about 4 different meade 505 cables and 2 new 497 controllers (not EP) without any luck getting the firmware on. Tried doing it on 4 different computers and again, just had no luck. Talked to Michael Weasner and a few individuals at the telescope shop and again just had no luck sorting out the problem, getting the computers to recognize the controllers, or just using Autostar Update at all. Now I am craving the extra bit of control it can offer to my timelapses.

I know it is a rather odd request, but I was wondering if anyone who has done this would be able to try to setup the controllers with the firmware. I would be willing to pay for shipping, you can have all the cables, and I can possibly even pay for your time.

Thanks,
Anthony

You can send me a message on here with your email address so I can contact you back.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:22 pm