It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:16 pm

What happened to the website? 

Post What happened to the website?
I just finished building my rig and was going to start doing the electrical part of it.

However, I seem to have trouble finding the openmoco website. Did it move or go down?

I'm hoping someone has complete backup of it :(

Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Post Re: What happened to the website?
So... it's been almost 3 weeks and no response

Does anyone have any of it backed up? If so would you be willing it to send it to me?

Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:06 pm

You should contact the guys at Dynamic Perception, I'm sure they know what happened since they owned the site when it was up.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:17 pm

I tried google and found it here dynamic perception - openmoco libraries is this what you are looking for?

tt

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:40 pm

To be truthful, the website had been dead for a while. Due the preponderance of spam, and the time it took to manage it (of which I did not have enough), I had to cut off posting two years ago. Also, due to lack of time, I wasn't posting new content, so monthly visits were dropping like flies. Overall, it was costing me (and DP) money to keep it running, and without the time to nurture it nor the traffic to make paying someone else to do it worthwhile, it eventually had to be dropped. I'm not in the motion control industry at the moment, so I'm not sure I'm going to bring it back any time soon (and don't have access to the original database either, as that's on a DP server ATM).

For the code that was there, the newest stuff is either in the DP repository on github: https://github.com/DynamicPerception or my own repositories: https://github.com/thisdroneeatspeople?tab=repositories The very old stuff, which is not recommended for use, is still available on the original SVN server on sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/p/openmoco/code/HEAD/tree/

Basically, outside of the articles and forum, all of the meat (software, electronics designs) is still around and being developed.

!c

Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:58 am

shutterdrone wrote:
Basically, outside of the articles and forum, all of the meat (software, electronics designs) is still around and being developed.

I've been away for a few years from thinking about trying timelapse, please help me make sense of this:

1) The website OpenMoCo.org has closed - got that part.

2) The OpenMoCo coding and the original intent behind open motor control coding have not closed and are being developed - is that correct?

3) And for further information on the OpenMoCo project, Arduino Software Development and related do-it-yourself timelapse dollies our best place to turn to for guidance and support is over at Dynamic Perception's DIY forum section - is this correct?

If there is a better website or other primary resource for dolly construction, control hardware and the associated coding would you please provide links?

Thank you very much.

Kelly

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Kelly wrote:
2) The OpenMoCo coding and the original intent behind open motor control coding have not closed and are being developed - is that correct?

All of the electronics and software designs are available on Github, via the link I posted, with several years of development on them, and under open-source licenses as they always have been. Whether or not they continue to be developed is up to Dynamic Perception, not up to me. However, there is no possibility that software or electronics based on my, or Parker's designs (the designer of the MX3 hardware) will ever be fully closed - and new developments have been coming out regularly which are based on technology from the project, or inspired by it. A most recent example is the Bulb Ramper Pro from Cronix, which resurrected the original touch-screen interface look and feel, and is targeting mocobus support, which is the protocol I designed for the next generation of openmoco devices.

Kelly wrote:
If there is a better website or other primary resource for dolly construction, control hardware and the associated coding would you please provide links?

I would say you're on that site right now =)

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:21 am

Great - thanks for the information shutterdrone.

Kelly

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:26 am